Menu
swquin
Tuning in
Message 41 of 83
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin HUB 3.0 - DHCP menu hangs

Just configured my Synology NAS to provide DHCP. Turned off the dodgy service provided by VM. Now my security system is back up and running! 

slartibartfast1
On our wavelength
Message 42 of 83
Flag for a moderator

After working hard to fix this for nearly 4 months I don't see any improvement. The really annoying thing is it used to work. When I first tried to reserve IP addresses there was no delay but now it is totally unacceptable.

0 Kudos
splashscuba
Joining in
Message 43 of 83
Flag for a moderator

So no fix yet ?

Having the same problem. DHCP page hangs. The only way I seem to be able to get it working is to do a reboot. That's really inconvenient as you can imagine every time I need to make a change.

Really don't know why I should spend any money on a third party router just to be able to do basic stuff.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 44 of 83
Flag for a moderator

@splashscuba wrote:

So no fix yet ?

Its never going to be fixed.

@splashscuba wrote:

Really don't know why I should spend any money on a third party router just to be able to do basic stuff.

What your asking for is not basic as far as VM goes can your PC connect to the internet that's basic.

0 Kudos
splashscuba
Joining in
Message 45 of 83
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, I've come to that conclusion and I accept that I'll need to have a new router. 

0 Kudos
slartibartfast1
On our wavelength
Message 46 of 83
Flag for a moderator

@splashscuba wrote:

Yeah, I've come to that conclusion and I accept that I'll need to have a new router. 

I just bought a TP Link Archer C6 for £40 as I didn't want to spend too much just to get the functionality that the Hub 3.0 should offer. It seems to do everything I need.

0 Kudos
AndyB001
Joining in
Message 47 of 83
Flag for a moderator

I agree, why should you have to buy a new router while still paying Virgin for one. There must have being a firmware update because when I try to add a DHCP reservation I get a error message saying 32 maximum reservations, that's strange as I already have 43 reservations. You can imagine the hang time I have.?

0 Kudos
apted
Joining in
Message 48 of 83
Flag for a moderator

I thought I'd join with my findings on this issue.  I'm brand new (as of today) customer and tbh I've not had the best of experiences so far. Initially I wanted to use my own router (Amplifi) but I couldn't get the modem mode to work so I settled to use the Virgin Hub 3.0 (using the Amplifi in Bridge Mode) and use the DHCP settings to add my required reservations etc.  I have yet to do ANYTHING in this section as the screen just hangs with the 'Update in progress' under the 'Reserved IP addresses' and 'Reserved List'.

Reading the other posts this has been going on for sometime and I find this a shocking experience.  I see there are a few posts form Virgin Reps but does anyone know if this is due to be fixed anytime soon?

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 49 of 83
Flag for a moderator

@apted wrote:

I see there are a few posts form Virgin Reps but does anyone know if this is due to be fixed anytime soon?

Nope

Lets get your Amplifi router (what model?) working in modem mode set your router from Bridge to router connect the WAN port to the hub with only the Amplifi router connected to the hub and PC to the Amplifi router you should have internet like that. Now go to 192.168.100.1 and change to modem mode and wait.

0 Kudos
springfall2008
Joining in
Message 50 of 83
Flag for a moderator

Modem mode does work but:

1) You need your new Router in Router mode with DHCP enabled

2) You switch your Virgin hub to modem only mode

3) Then reboot the virgin hub

4) Then reboot the router

0 Kudos