Menu
longie1985
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Gig1 - intermittent Stability

Hi,

I've put it off for a while now, but since upgrading from VM Fibre BB (500mb) to Virgin Gig1 Fibre my connection is stable for most services (e.g. netflix, and video content streaming such as zoom calls) however when I am connected to my wifi and I am performing calls only only my connection 9/10 times the call will start perfectly then slowly over a 15/20 minute period deteriorate rendering the call useless to stay on the line. 

Is there a way for VM to check the stability of the line, (e.g. jitter, latency, etc) I am not to sure which one will give me the result I am looking for to conclude if there is an issue?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Longie1985

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Gig1 - intermittent Stability

How are those calls when you connect using a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
longie1985
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike,

thanks for coming back to me,

undortunately the device itself is a MS Surface pro, it doesnt have a native ethernet connection... 

however i’ll have a look around for a adapter there are only limited ports available as most are being used already for external monitor etc,

Just annoying that it worked perfectly on 500mb with virgin2ac router and now with this hub4 its gone to sh#t 🤦🏻‍♂️

thanks! 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It is impossible that it worked with a SH 2AC and a 500Mbs connection, the SH 2AC hasn't got the oomph for more than 200Mbs.

You can get USB / USB 3  to ethernet adaptors on Amazon.

If you do get one make sure that it is rated for 1Gbs.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos