Menu
I_Just_Want_2Go
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Failed to Cancel my account

This is unbelievably frustrating.

Following the announced increase in charges I made the decision to switch provider. This shouldn't be a complicated process but I've spent overall over 6 hours on the phone to Virgin. On the 14th of January I finally got through the whole process and finished the call with the agreement that the cancellation process had been initiated and within 28 days it would proceed.

Since then I've had no communication from Virgin. From reading forum posts I can gather that generally Virgin do not email to confirm but it will show on the final bill + any refunds if necessary. My latest (and what should be last) bill has been produced but the duration of it extends past my cancellation date and it does not seem Virgin have processed my cancellation.

At this point following confirmation twice on the phone there is a new broadband provider at the house so services continuing with Virgin is not realistic. I'm aware that employees frequent the forums and would really appreciate it if someone could look into this for me.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Failed to Cancel my account

If you bill is generated before the cancelation date it will be charged as normal
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Failed to Cancel my account

Hi @I_Just_Want_2Go

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear of the confusion with the cancellation and final bill. 

@apcyberax is correct, that when you've given the 30 days notice period to cancel, your bill generation date more than likely will be in this period and therefore you'll be billed before the cancellation date. 

This then normally means you'll get a final statement after the cancellation is done and depending on the billing dates, your final statement maybe a credit that we'll send to you via cheque within 35 days after cancellation.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos