cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin DNS unable to find website

HelenMylam
Joining in

For the last week or so, two websites have become inaccessible from my laptop and mobile phone when connecting through my home Virgin wifi.  I get the message 'this site can't be reached' and when I run the diagnostics I get the message 'windows can't find the host name using DNS'. These sites can be accessed through my mobile phone data connection.  Does the Virgin DNS server block random websites?  The websites I am trying to connect to are theroostldn.com and frankscanteen.com.  I am not having a problem connecting to any other websites on the wifi.

I have spoken to Virgin support who told me that they have escalated the fault but it has not been resoloved yet.

Can anyone help?

5 REPLIES 5

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Change DNS on your PC to 194.168.4.123 or 194.168.8.123 or 1.1.1.1,8.8.8.8 or 9.9.9.9
---------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks very much.  It worked!  Now need to get it working on my mobile phone.  Any idea how to change the DNS on a Galaxy phone?

https://joyofandroid.com/how-to-change-dns-on-android/
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hey HelenMylam, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear you were having some connection issues.

However I am glad to hear the advice you was given helped.

Did the advice given for the phone help at all? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Yes thank you Matt.  I followed the Joy of Android instructions and now have access on both phone an laptop!  Thanks to Allesandro

Best WIshes

Helen