cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Connect App

SteveT1811
Tuning in

Hi, 

I have the Hub 4 and my iPhone 14 running iOS 16.3 will not find the hub, I have looked on other questions and deleted the VPN settings for Virgin and that has made no difference. The path that has been mentioned to clear the cache of the app isn’t correct and I’m running out of ideas. I have reset the router several times and it will not find it. Also tried to connect using my iPad and the same issue is there 

13 REPLIES 13

Client62
Hero

If the app is not working connect to the Hub at http://192.168.0.1  

The Hub's password is on a label that is on the bottom of the Hub.

That’s great but I want to know why my phone and all other devices are struggling to find the hub suddenly and what can be done to sort it 

Hi @SteveT1811 👋,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry you're having some issues with the Connect App and I would love to help you further. 

Can you just confirm if you have tried uninstalling/deleting the app and then re-installing it again?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi yes I have, I’ve deleted the app, tried from another device, reset the hub via its IP address and it still isn’t coming up 

The first thing to be aware of is you need to be connected to your Home WiFi in order for the app to connect to the Hub. It won't allow the connection if you're on a Guest network, VPN or Mobile data. If this still doesn't help, try clearing the data within the Connect App. These steps will help you do that: 
For your Apple device, you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data. 
If this also fails then we currently have a known error with some of the data in our systems, that is causing the app to not recognise the Hub in a minority of instances. We are already investigating this as a high priority. 
Pop back and keep us posted.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

As seen on other requests for the same thing, that path of clearing the data isn’t correct. A simple check of the iPhone settings tab would let you know that you cannot do what you’re asking. It’s pathetic that a company your size cannot get basic things like this right. 

Hi Steve,

Thank you for reaching back out and for the feedback, this may have changed with the recent update.

Regards

Paul.

So we’re no further forward then 

For the VM Connect app to work the iPhone or iPad must not be using a VPN or any of Apple's Private Browsing / IP hiding tools.

Using the link below,
++ check that only an IPv4 is shown and that it matches the public IP of the Hub
++ check the ISP is Virgin Media.

https://whatismyipaddress.com/