Menu
wattsy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Connect App

Hi. My Virgin Media Connect app has stopped working. I use it regularly to restart my Hub3 as it's flakey but, as of today, when I go into Connect it just says "You have no access to home broadband" and won't show my router or extender. Anyone have anything similar happen? Thanks

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Connect App

Use the hubs admin pages. The connect app is flaky and not worth using. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
wattsy
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I can do that but it was useful to be able to see the status of both my hub and extender and reboot remotely.

It has worked perfectly well for about 2 years and has suddenly stopped and I had hoped there might be a solution. 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi wattsy,

Thanks for posting. Apologies about the Connect App issue.

Can you try a PIN reset on your router to see if this fixes things?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You should never need to reboot your hub, there is an underlying problem that needs to be resolved. Let’s see what happens when you do as @John_GS suggests.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
wattsy
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes - there is an underlying issue with my hub. It restarts randomly and then when it does, it comes back with either 1, 2 or all 3 of the wireless networks functioning. Then, depending on how lucky I am, I have to carry on restarting it until all 3 are operating. I did attempt to go through customer support (or whatever it's called) about 2 years ago and didn't make any progress. This is the reason that I used the Virgin Connect app as it allows me to reset the Router and the Extender easily. 

Incidentally, I got it going again by uninstalling the Virgin Connect app and then starting fresh - connecting it back to the Hub and Extender and it's now behaving normally again. No idea what happened as the App hasn't been updated since Feb; phone misbehaving maybe?

Anyway, all sorted now 🙂  

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello wattsy

Thanks for the update in regard to the Connect App and glad to hear this has now been resolved. There was some beck end work completed over he weekend which seems to have effected the app, out of interest, when you uninstalled the app did you completely log out of it?

We've been made aware by the development team this does resolve the issue.

Rob

wattsy
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

To be fair, I can't remember whether I logged out or not Rob!

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That's not a problem wattsy, the main thing is this is now working again for you.

If you need us again in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch 🙂

Rob

0 Kudos