Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Connect App

Was wondering if anybody can help. I have an outbuilding which is at the bottom of my garden and my router is at the front of the house. My outbuilding is a man cave/office which recently I have been using a lot. I have a Virgin booster in my kitchen and a TP extender in my man cave and for the last 6 months it has been working great! Great speeds, no issues with signal absolutely perfect. All of a sudden over the weekend I started having issues, spent much of Monday on the phone to virgin and restarted the whole system. Even after that I still couldn’t get my extender to work. Presumed it was broke and I bought a new one (an even better one). Just set it all up and the signal is very poor, almost like it’s not receiving the signal from the booster. I went onto the virgin connect app and I have exclamation marks above all of my devices and when I try to click them it says somebody else is logged into my account. This has been happening since the weekend and did work briefly following a phone call with virgin on Monday but it’s back with the same error. I have restarted the app, restarted the box, restarted everything and it’s still coming up with the same thing. Anybody know what’s happening?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Connect App

89B911F9-0C9B-4924-AEE8-03FF6053EAD9.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It’s also worth noting which I forgot to put in the OP, that I got through to one of the ‘experts’ who said there is a hardware fault on my booster and they would send out a new one free of charge in 3/5 days. It sounded a bit of a fob off tbh so I did call back and that’s when I reset everything and the app worked briefly before showing the error again. But would the booster being faulty affect the app and not let me do anything?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The app is just buggy and rubbish. Uninstall it. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yeah I have now several times, and when I scan or input my password on the box it now comes up with the message straight away saying that somebody else is logged in.

im sure the booster and app isn’t linked but it’s not helpful as I can’t run any tests or find out if my booster is actually working and connecting with my extender 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The virgin boosters are also pretty poor...

You can use the admin page of the hub to see if the booster is connected.

Oh and by uninstall I meant permanently. Not repeatedly after reinstalling. 🙂

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks,

How do I access the admin pages of my hub? I have no idea how to do that 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Open a browser and go to 192.168.0.1 and login with the admin password stickered to the base of the hub

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

unfriendly interface/ uninstalled it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 12