Menu
Welshy345
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Claims the Broadband is intermittent but....

We've had no broadband since Thursday. VM claim it's an intermittent.  It isn't. There's also no notification of an outage on the website. every time we call we get a different answer. Hub 3.0 is showing a green flashing light at the bottom and a green wifi symbol. Anyone on here got any ideas?  

0 Kudos
YorksMagneteer
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Claims the Broadband is intermittent but....

Same issue. 

Thursday or Friday the WiFi went off for a short time. 

Then a few hours later did it again. 

Friday or Saturday it was still doing it but it had been 2 or 3 hours maybe, so I disconnected it for 30 seconds. 

Nothing, did this a few times and no help. 

So I reset back to factory and still wouldn't connect properly. It would connect to phone but says connected with no Internet. 

So I went on the website and ran tests and all fine. Booked an engineer for tomorrow. 

It came back on shortly after. So changed the settings back to usual and not long after it went off. Not for very long but went off again. 

Yesterday was the same, on n off throughout the day. 

This morning it was fine for 2 or 3 hours, most it has gone. So thought it was fixed. I recieved a text saying engineer be here tomorrow, reply fixed if issue sorted. So I replied fixed......then within 10 minute it went off and this was almost 2 hours ago. I've reset back to normal setting of the hub and still won't connect. 

So no I've no engineer coming and it says next slot is Friday but won't allow me to book it as it says I have a slot booked for tomorrow but recieved notification for tomorrow is cancelled 

• Been with virgin 12 month without any issue and then late December or early January

@Welshy345 wrote:

We've had no broadband since Thursday. VM claim it's an intermittent.  It isn't. There's also no notification of an outage on the website. every time we call we get a different answer. Hub 3.0 is showing a green flashing light at the bottom and a green wifi symbol. Anyone on here got any ideas?  

I think it was, I upgraded the package to a faster speed which cost more and now I'm having issues for the past few days for seemingly no reason as there's nothing wrong in my area 🤦‍♂️ 
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Claims the Broadband is intermittent but....

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number – n.b.- the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) gives the best chance of getting through quickly.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos