Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Booster stopped Working

Hi. This seems to be a recurrent theme if I am not mistaken. Booster worked fine for a few months now they only work for about 12 hours then flashing red arrows on booster connected to Hub 3.Have tried reset a few times and it works for about 12-24 then arrows are flashing red again.
I have also reset the hub a couple of times as well.
Changed ethernet cable.
Tried the usual turn off, unplug wait and plug back in.
V6 box arrows are flashing and got C130 error.
When it is working downloaded Connect app and all rooms were Good connection to wifi except garage which was not. If I was not having trouble I was thinking of a 3rd booster for garage but not at moment.
I am paying for netfix but cannot connect because of connection from Hub 3 to tv is not working..Cannot connect too catcth up etc. All these things are in cost of virgin yet the service is not available.
When I talked to virgin customer service I explained due to burglaries and being pensioners who are also hard of hearing I wanted to install security cameras for safety & a video doorbell also so we can see who is at door. With the booster not delivering wifi to downstairs we have no chance of installing them and getting them to work with the booster playing up.
Customer services recommended the boosters and at time I thought what a great idea. What is the point of paying for a service that you have to reboot every so many hours.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Booster stopped Working

So is the issue with the boosters or your overall connection?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It does seem the boosters are the problem. My wifey is on her tablet as I type and she is having no problems with wifi. She did and still does have drop out for say 30 seconds but basiclay wifi from hub is ok until you factor in the boosters.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Stop using the boosters and get some better kit

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Nothing personal but all I read is get better kit but no one who tells me that comes up what is "better kit"

Like boosters there are loads of "better kits" out there and unless you come up with a repeated good review on a brand or system you may as well stick a pin in and just buy any system. Thank for replying anyway just my frustration with virgin who always tell you to check the obvious of what you would of checked a trillion times b4 even contacting them.

0 Kudos