Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Blocked Work Server VPN

Hi,

One of us uses a VPN to connect to a work server to work from home but the VPN has been blocked by Virgin.

We have rang up and been passed around about 4 different teams in UK and India and nobody has been able to help. We were told to get some codes for different ports from the IT company in work. 

We have rang Virgin back and given these ports - they still couldnt fix. Each time I ring they tell us the same thing that they don't touch VPN's and it is nothing to do with them. But we've been told before this on 1 of the phonecalls that the VPN has been blocked because Virgin dont allow them!

Can anyone help? 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Blocked Work Server VPN

Virgin don’t support issues with VPN’s.

What makes you believe it’s blocked?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Put the hub in modem mode and try that.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

becuase it was initially working then completely stopped and won't connect anymore.

And on one of the phonecalls we were put through to the device recovery team (I think this is what it was called) they said it had been blocked and we had to pay £5 to unblock. But they needed this port information which we've tried to give to them but are still no further along. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Oliviab94 wrote:

Hi,

becuase it was initially working then completely stopped and won't connect anymore.

And on one of the phonecalls we were put through to the device recovery team (I think this is what it was called) they said it had been blocked and we had to pay £5 to unblock. But they needed this port information which we've tried to give to them but are still no further along. 

Who has blocked it?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin do not block VPNs.  I'm using one now.  But Virgin can't help you with what you choose to connect to the Hub. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

As I said on my last message we were passed around different teams and a woman on the phone told us that virgin allow them when you first sign up but then block vpn's? 

I don't know anymore than that or if what she said was right.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No they don’t block VPN’s

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Oliviab94 wrote:

they said it had been blocked and we had to pay £5 to unblock

that sounds like a scam!

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray