Menu
davsmall17
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Virgin 360 problems

I recently upgraded from Virgin TIVO system with 2 additional boxes to the Virgin 360 with 2 additional boxes 

i am experiencing major problems phones can't connect, slow speeds , no access to internet in certain parts of the house, security cameras going off line and Streaming buffering all the time this is all despite having reputedly 630mbs download speed 

it is a nightmare and customer service are being obtuse to say the least i spent 2 full weeks trying to get my landline number transferred over despite it being a virgin number in the first place 

i wish i had never signed up for this system its rubbish its taken me 20 mins to write this as it is so slow 

i had an engineer visit 2 weeks after the installation who agreed he could see why i had requested an engineer one of the first things he said to me was are you experiencing varying speeds and said he did something to the router to fix it - it hasnt he ordered me two boosters but the have not turned up i have spent more time on the phone to technical support than i have spoken to my family 

i would not recommend this system to anyone, my last set up was fine this one stinks

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin 360 problems

Hi @davsmall17,

Welcome to our Community Forum! Thank you so much for your first post, we really appreciate it.

I understand that you are experiencing a few faults on your line including issues with your TV, Broadband connection, and your number not being ported over.

Would you be able to tell us what the agents on the phone advised about these issues?

What TV issues are you experiencing exactly? Can they be resolved through our TV faults page here?

What speeds are you currently receiving on a wired connection?

Please let us know so we can help advise further?

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
davsmall17
Tuning in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin 360 problems

Hi Paulina

Thank you for responding i now have my number ported over so that problem is fixed 

I am still experiencing slow wifi speeds ( i see you have asked what my speed is with a wired connection it is fine ) however most things nowadays connect to the internet via wifi not with a hard wired connection and it is this method that shows the slow connection speed sometimes as low as 20 mbs the upload speed is often twice as fast ( i check using Ookla and always from the same spot for consistency.What i have noticed is that it does not always choose the fastest server sometimes on the IOM and sometimes Newcastle  i have two phones and regularity test at the same time and quite often they choose different server with great results differences one can experience 200 mbswhilst the other get 20mbs they are both iPhones 

i do not have wifi access in large parts of my house normal boosters don’t work well in my house as it has different ring mains from different sources so they would have a very convoluted route to get the signal if at all 

I currently have 1 pod style booster which I believe provides a mesh wifi system 

I have had an engineer out to try to rectify this and he ordered a further two pod boosters for me and Asli changed settings on the router supposedly to give me a more stable speed but it does not seem to have worked

my router is regularly rebooted 

I have many items connecting to router using wifi smart plugs , security cameras ,phones, computers, even coffee machines - i have problems with connections staying up which is very worrying especially regarding security cameras I did not experience this problem with my old router and set up I am only getting it with the new upgraded system hence my frustration even my wife comments on the wifi signal and she is very non technical my daughter when she visits comments on the speed and she has a basic virgin set up

I have been thinking what the problems are and I think to get wifi throughout most of the house I need at least two further pods also I think the router needs tweaked to allow for an increased number of devices to connect to wifi - failing this I think it would be much better for me to revert to my old setup as this just doesn’t do what was promised or what i expected 

i expected the new system to be an improvement over the old but sadly it is not i even have less space to record programmes with the new system as it is centrally shared also i ordered a new additional remote as i have one of the slave boxes set up with a hdmi splitter so it can be watched in a different room and i ordered a second remote to leave one in each room but it does not work so I have to ensure the remote is always in the room with me - funnily enough I have a second set up in a second house I own same 360 set up but I can have two remotes working but I don’t have any slave boxes just the main one so I don’t know if that is the difference 

I am frustrated by this system and experience some substantial criticism from family members for changing

in terms of what customers service representatives said mostly they say you need to perform the blackspot test to get extra pod boosters - trust me I have tried several times usually with the system saying it can’t even find the hub

kindest regards

david 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

WiFi problems

@davsmall17 

I've moved this thread to the WiFi board which is what the bulk of your post seems to be about.

The regulars in here, I'm sure, will be able to wade in with some assistance.

In the meantime, can you confirm you're getting the advertised speeds over a wired Ethernet connection?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
davsmall17
Tuning in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi problems

Yes I am getting the advertised speeds over a wired connection 

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying to this @davsmall17

I appreciate this is very frustrating but I have taken a quick look over your account via your forum information and can see that there are no outages affecting your area which is good, but can't retrieve any data for your hub at the moment, is it currently offline? 

I would suggest setting up a broadband quality monitor over the next couple of days just so we can see if there are any drops outs and to have a look where the issue could lie. 

If you could set that up and post the results back in a couple of days, that would be fab 🙂 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
davsmall17
Tuning in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samantha 

I will do that 

my hub was not offline -this might have something to do with the problems I am experiencing!

0 Kudos
davsmall17
Tuning in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Sorry Sacha predictive text changed your name

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Haha that's okay, my name is misspelt all the time. 

If you could set up a broadband quality monitor that would be fab,  then after a couple of days we will look into this and get this sorted for you. 

If that's okay 🙂 

Hope you have a fab weekend anyway 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

0 Kudos
davsmall17
Tuning in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

<a title="Broadband Ping" href="https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/b8b9b33b1b3adb6d5a09692e2d00449d9e696320">My Broadband Ping</a>

Hi Sacha this should give you access to the graph  on the thinkbroadband site 

0 Kudos