Menu
entdrnhs
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Video Doorbell not connecting to Superhub 3

Bought an ieGeek Video Door Bell (Wired) [Bell J5] which  simply will not connect to the Superhub 3.

So far I've tried:

- resetting the Hub (Hard reset) and bell

- switching off the firewall

- switching off 5GHz so it's only 2.4GHz [didn't pick any channel]

- turned off the WIFI extender [in case it was interfereing] then,

- brought the extender close to the bell [which is normally closer to the Hub itself]

- Switching off MAC filtering

- tried switching off channel optimisation but then I couldn't access the settings page for ages.

It's a hardwired bell and I can't uninstall it now and removing it is not an option.

Can anyone help please?

0 Kudos
g0akc
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Video Doorbell not connecting to Superhub 3

• Try changing the channel on 2.4GHz
  • Try changing the Wi-Fi security setting temporarily at least
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Stop using your router mode and use modem mode with a better wireless router with 1Gb ports.
---------------------------------------------------------------
g0akc
Rising star
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Further things to try

• Can you temporarily take the doorbell close to the hub?  Disconnect and move it...   Will it then connect?
  • Use a Wi-Fi analyser app on a phone to check how strong the hub's Wi-Fi signal is at the doorbell location - how strong is it in dBm ?
  • Are there any strong neighbouring signals at the doorbell location?

If the signal is too weak, and boosters are not doing it, get a better router?   Get a different doorbell?

Let us know...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
g0akc
Rising star
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@entdrnhs wrote:

- tried switching off channel optimisation but then I couldn't access the settings page for ages.

Make sure this is OFF when troubleshooting and trying to get this sorted.

0 Kudos