cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very unreliable internet connection, high Packet Loss on BQM

Dylanduran
Joining in

Hi,

Our house has been experiencing an extremely unstable internet connection for just under a month now. Speed tests show that our download speed fluctuate between high usual figures (150-200 mbps Download, 15-20 mbps Upload) and absolute zero for both. It isn't uncommon for our internet to drop 20+ times a day, sometimes for up to 10 minutes at a time making the internet effectively unuseable.

I tried looking up help for this issue before and a common request is to set up a BQM on ThinkBroadband which I've been tracking since the 14th November. Every single day where the PC was used showed disruption in the internet.

As an example, this is from the 15th:

Dylanduran_0-1669313726009.png

Whereas this is from the 24th:

Dylanduran_1-1669313751332.png

Peak times seem to have nothing to do with it, the internet simply flickers on and off at random, making working from home (or doing anything) impossible. Apparently for this problem a technician needs to be called out, is it possible if I can get this sorted as soon as possible?

3 REPLIES 3

Dylanduran
Joining in

Made an error uploading the images, the BQM on the 15th is:

Dylanduran_0-1669314973534.png

BQM on 24th is:

Dylanduran_1-1669314997033.png

15th:

Dylanduran_0-1669384298046.png

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Dylanduran, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing with your Broadband service.

We would want to check things from our side but I am afraid I am having trouble accessing your account. 

In order for me to run some checks, I will pop you over a private message to take a few details. This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat