Menu
JonMc
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Very slow / no internet / no landline since Thursday - west London

Hi 

We are in West London and have either no internet or very slow internet access since Thursday. Service status check says no known issues but when I run the service test it indicates intermittent issues effecting multiple customers. Cannot get through to anyone at Virgin to actually get a status update or confirm if there is a wider issue.

Can anyone confirm if there is a wider issue and likely resolution ? 

Have been through troubleshooting steps inc hub reset, posted a complaint with Virgin, tried calling helpline multiple times ( just automated replies )

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very slow / no internet / no landline since Thursday - west London

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

I always use the 0800 number as the most reliable source of fault info

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Stooo
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm in the North Ayrshire, Scotland area and also been having slow speeds recently.

It started a few days ago when my internet, tv and phone all went down for around 2 hours. I checked with a neighbour who is also with Virgin and they had the same problem.

Ever since everything came back up I have been reaching nowhere near my estimated speed (Which I upgraded just last week!)
I've also tried all the usual troubleshooting (hub reset, different device, using wired instead of wireless) but with no luck at all.

Considering I only upgraded to the higher speed package last week this isn't really what I was hoping for.

0 Kudos
JonMc
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi John, thanks for the tip - have tried that number and it has a recorded message similar to one on other number. Will keep trying , cheers
0 Kudos