Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Very poor wifi connectivity

I got Virgin M200 about 2 months ago with the latest Hub, and the actual connectivity strength is dreadful. It is great via wired ethernet, but for example, video conferencing in one room over is near impossible. The Hub is in the corner of the living room/kitchen and the strength even just over on the sofa is poor. The TV which is next to the Hub sometimes loses connection completely (have checked and reset TV. Tv not the issue) Please could you advise? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very poor wifi connectivity

Put the hub into modem mode with your own router or mesh system

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Is there any way of solving without having to spend more on a new piece of kit? If the router Virgin provided cant offer a decent signal strength/reliable connectivity across an open room, 3 metres from the router, how are they allowed to offer these boxes?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wireless speeds and connectivity aren’t guaranteed with any ISP or their equipment.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos