Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Very poor WiFi on HUB3

Just upgraded to M350 fibre...

Hub 3 is chucking out very poor Wi-Fi signal
20ish mbs Download and 30plus Upload mbs and that’s stood a metre away from the hub (tested on various equipment)

Getting 250 mbs plus download on my wired to hub PS4

cant get through to anyone at Virgin, kept on hold for over an hour and then the call was dropped

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Very poor WiFi on HUB3

Welcome to Wi-Fi

The problem with Wi-Fi is that it can be brilliant at breakfast time and useless by lunchtime and you haven't changed anything, BUT, something somewhere has changed, then you can spend hours and even days trying to find a fix for something that can be totally out of your control.

if you remove all the internal walls, electronic and electrical devices, metallic pipes and conduits and wrap the whole building in a thick lead shield you will have a good chance of getting decent Wi-Fi from a VM Hub.

Many people have accepted that the VM Wi-Fi is very poor and have purchased third party equipment that is much, much more powerful than the VM supplied kit and once set up have wondered why they waited for so long.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Spudd,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry you're not getting the speed/coverage you'd expect from your wireless connections.

I've had a look at the backend of your services and some devices are receiving a poor WiFi signal due to their distance from Hub and/or the Hubs location.

The Hub's location could be causing the Coverage problem – check that it is:
•Out in the open
•Next to the TV not behind it
•Away from large bodies of water (e.g. fish tanks)
•Away from baby monitors and cordless phones

If you've already done the above then we could look at sending you boosters to improve the wireless connection. These would be free for customers on the full house or above packages.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Note F.Y.I.

Boosters are only free if you are on the Full House/Maxit package or higher - if so they are definitely worth trying. If not, they will add a £3/mo charge and they aren't.

You would be far better putting those monies towards sourcing your own better quality wireless equipment with the Hub in modem mode (assuming all of the wired connections are ok - are they?)

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.