Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Very intermittent Wifi speed and connection.

Please help

I have been with Virgin for over 2 month and have had no success if getting my WiFi fixed despite a number of calls to the help desk.

So here are all the issues I am having

• Vbox would hangup when streaming from Netflix,Iplayer etc even though it is only 1 meter from my HUB. 
  • Streaming between Vboxs usually doesn't work.
  • Connecting more than 1 device to the 2.4Ghz band is almost impossible. 
  • Wifi download speeds will drop down to <5Mbps for no reason, I have to disconnect and reconnect to restore the speed.

I have a 500Mbps contract and expect to be able to use this reliably for work but I am having so much problems that it has become a major issue when using it for VOIP calls or accessing work servers via  a VPN. Family members have become so frustrated with it that they are using the mobile network in preference the WiFi.

I hope that someone from technical support can respond to this and provide better support than I have already received from the call centres.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very intermittent Wifi speed and connection.

What speed do wired devices achieve?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wired device will get the full 500Mbps download, wireless devices will regularly get 150Mbps. When its working its great, its just not working often enough.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you’re getting the full speed wired then there’s no issues with the connection to the hub 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Agreed. The issue seems to be with the low quality router.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Then you need to put the hub in modem mode and get your own router or mesh system to improve your wifi requirements

0 Kudos