Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Very Slow wifi

We have, since starting our M200 package, experienced nothing but slow wifi that keeps cutting out and that is, quite frankly, not good enough - to the point that we are considering leaving this service. We have moved the wifi box around the flat, and had 2 people come in and tell us a 'box outside/under the road' needs to be fixed... but nothing has been done since the first guy came in a month ago! Can someone help before we decide to move to a different provider?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very Slow wifi

What are wired speeds like?

You don’t pay for WiFi speeds and they are not part of your contract or speed guarantee. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's more the fact they keep cutting out, and we repeated get download speeds around 90mbps when we pay for around 200

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@jospeh wrote:

It's more the fact they keep cutting out, and we repeated get download speeds around 90mbps when we pay for around 200

Wired speeds?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We only really used wired and it still cuts out

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@jospeh wrote:

So it isn't Wi-Fi at all, it is an ethernet connection.

Can you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you should post the link straight away.

Post a link to your BQM on here.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and in the ‘text to display’ box write My BQM then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

Then

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

Hub 2 & 3 When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Hub 4 When the page appears LOG IN then click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log tabs onto here, if you get a yellow warning click the Post button again. Use one post for each tab if you wish. Please do not use screen grabs.

A Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@jospeh wrote:

But your opening post says WiFi speeds?

0 Kudos