cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Slow Network speed

Gaajimatty
Joining in

I recently subscribed to M250 fibre broadband which boast of speed ranging between 264 - 276 Mbps. Sincerely, It takes ages to open the virgin media website page, experiencing such on all my connected device. My mobile network is way faster than my broadband. 

The previous broadband from Virgin media used in the house with a lower speed is way better than this new one.

I have done all the test and restart on the hub all to no avail.

I am not enjoying and not satisfied with this service.

Please Help!!!

Matty

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What speeds do you get on a device connected to the Hub on an ethernet cable?

What Hub model do you have - printed on its base sticker?

Are you connecting on the fast 5GHz wifi band - or the much slower 2.4GHz one ?

For example, my Macbook Air and iPhone12 both get ~260mbps on my 250 wifi connection package (and ~260 on ethernet of course). However, on wifi, they only get that when I put them onto the 5GHz network. Sat in the same spot if I then flick them over to the 2.4GHz network, they max out at 50-60mbps (others on here get even lower [<50] on their set ups) - it's just the limitations of the technology!

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

HUB3.0: VMDG505 / TG2492LG-VM

The wifi disconnects at will, very slow network download across all device not above 22mbps.

the previous hub is way faster and i have never had any issues with it.

Please who can help with a contact number to call

Help!!!

Hi @Gaajimatty 👋

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies for the issues that you are having with your broadband service. We can certainly assist you, we would need to bring you in for a private message to discuss this and resolve. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina