cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Poor Customer Services

banggash
Joining in

My broadband, TV and Telephone are completely shut off from last Wednesday (28 06 2023) and I made a lot of calls to customer service's team and they told me that today your issue will be resolved and we will call you back at certain time and ask if your problem is resolved. Engineer came on Friday and he found cable repull required, then other technician came and he told me that the problem is under surface and another engineer will come to fix this issue. Daily I received messages that between 8am to 1pm engineer will come and resolve this issue but they never come yet. When I did phone to customer services they said "sorry" etc. and we will escalate this issue as urgency and will keep in touch with you by phone but nothing happened yet. I am working from home and my work stopped. My wife suffered heart attack few months ago and I am already going through a lot of pressure and now internet issue which stopped my job because my job totally depend on internet and I did explain everything to them and they are not taking serious action to resolve this. Customer service team listen my story after long wait and I have explained all my problems and they said today we will resolve this issue but nothing happened yet. It is 4:46 pm and looks I will repeat all this tomorrow on Tuesday (04-06-2023). 

10 REPLIES 10

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A VM person should respond on here soon.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Client62
Legend

If this is an issue that is affecting your street the best updates come from an automated number 0800 561 061

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey banggash, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about this.

I am going to send you a PM so we can look into this.

Please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi, it is now 11:43 AM and no body came to fix the problem despite several days my all services of Virgin media completely shutoff. In the morning I spoke to VM (Virgin Media) customer service (her name is Mae) and she told me that today between 8am to 1pm engineer will come and fix the problem. I am working from home and I cant do work and sitting without doing anything. It badly impact my health as my blood pressure rises and also I have situation at home. I explained to VM customer service on daily bases. My wife suffered SCAD attack (heart attack) few months ago and Doctors told me stress and tension is not good for her and she see my situation despite I am trying to be calm but she observe and it is completely not good for her and my whole family as I have 4 month old baby at home as well. I have extensive pressure from job as my broadband services are off from last Wednesday (28-06-2023) and despite daily calls nothing positive happened. I am receiving daily appointment calls from VM regarding engineer but no one actually come to fix the problem. Only engineers came on Friday and assessed the situation and nothing happened after that. I have all screenshots and also believe VM keep recording of my conversation with customer services team. I am in extreme pressure, stress and depression. This badly impact on my own health and whole family. I will register complain with CISAS as well and all other available platform. This is so bad situation and very unprofessional response from Virgin Media and they have all the resources but customers are left to suffer pain. They (VM) blame on 3rd party but as customer we are not dealing with 3rd party but VM and they should make sure all services must be provided without any delay. It is against the law that customers are not provided services as they promised and if any fault comes they must act promptly and swiftly but this is not the case. 

Please see the above reponse. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

It is now 1:10 pm and no one come yet to fix the problem and it is now 7th day of such false statements from VM and I was promised by VM customer services (name: Mae) that today between 8am to 1pm engineer will come and fix the issue but no body come yet. I am so stressed and exhausted.

I have just replied to your PM with an update. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@banggash wrote:

It is against the law that customers are not provided services as they promised and if any fault comes they must act promptly and swiftly but this is not the case. 

Just for info... Your VM residential package has no service level agreement (SLA) with regard to "fix" times (there is compensation for downtime and delays) - for an SLA you need either a VM business package - or even better if you are reliant on connectivity for any reason - you should look at a low cost additional supply as a fall back.

Such as a cheap basic Openreach or FFTTH connection from one of the other major providers or a 5G SIM - for example Three/smarty offer unlimited data connections from ~£20/month

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I will register complaint to CISAS and explained my whole story. VM records calls of customer services and their false statements + wrong information + not taking customer situation seriously + engineers never came on the day + VM sent me emails to manage appointment but there were no appointments detail online + online it was showing all services are running perfectively but in real there were no services + many more and I have all screen shots. Under Customer Protection Act and many others similar laws and platform, I can raise my concern and the behaviour and attitude I did face from VM.