Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 78
Flag for a moderator

VPN

Hi,

I work from home and access an SSL VPN in order to use my works database remotely. This has been working fine then all of a sudden my virgin won’t let me connect to it. My work don’t know what the issue is and they’ve done everything they can from the IT department, they’ve even gave me a new laptop and I’m still having the same issue.

I feel this is a problem with the Hub as I can use my phones 4G hotspot and I can access the VPN absolutely fine but not through my wifi. I’ve tried contacting Virgin about this and I’ve also reset my hub back to factory settings but nothing. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Re: VPN

Can you access the VPN using a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Ask your work to check if your WAN IP is blocked 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

Sorry I really don’t understand any of what you said I’m not the most clued up on VPNs. This particular one I am only able to access from my work laptop as it was set up specifically for that laptop because it lets me access our main database. However, I tried using my Ethernet cable that we were provided when the hub first came out and it still won’t let me connect. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 78
Flag for a moderator

It’s not they’ve checked that. It’s only me it’s happening to, everyone else at the company is fine. I can also access it using my phone’s hotspot but not wifi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Run a tracert to the VPN servers public IP and see if it completes 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I don’t know how to do that, I don’t know much about VPNs so I don’t know what I do with them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 78
Flag for a moderator

@linzmct wrote:

Hi,

I don’t know how to do that, I don’t know much about VPNs so I don’t know what I do with them.

Ask your works IT for assistance.

Its a step they should have carried out with you 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 78
Flag for a moderator

While running the VPN run the test on >> This Page << & report back the result.

Ensure that you delete you IP Address from anything that you post.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 78
Flag for a moderator

it’s only open Mon-Fri. When I contacted IT for support they will have checked this which is why they said they couldn’t find the solution as it should be working. I don’t believe this is an issue with my works IT as it was working all of last week and then all of a sudden it wouldn’t connect on Friday but everyone else in my company could. I can connect using my own phone’s data and using the remote connection that way but the WiFi just won’t access it. Which I don’t get because it had been connecting.

0 Kudos