Menu
griff89
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

VPN throttling entire network

During the day my download speed is 100mbs, and my VPN download speed is 90mbs. But around 6pm -7pm my download speed is reduced to about 30-40mbs, the VPN download speed is reduced to 4-5mbs making video conference calls impossible. I require a VPN for work. To help fault find the issue I have tried three VPN providers and these VPNs are also throttled to 4-5mbs. Is there anything I can do about this?

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: VPN throttling entire network

Where are the VPN's based? Are there significantly more users on in the evenings? (Thinking when the US wake up)

I use PIA and get good speeds all the time with that - My work VPN however is underspecced and struggles to move large files around but at the same time my download speed off VPN is 108Mb/s so squarely down to VPN!

May be worth bunging up your BQM to see if there is a utilisation issue at those slower times.

The BQM will monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts etc - You can do this at ThinkBroadband (https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality)
Give it a while to gather data and then click 'Share Live graph' and paste the 'Direct Link' into the forum!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
griff89
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: VPN throttling entire network

All the VPNs are in the UK, if I choose a non UK VPN the mps are identical.

0 Kudos