Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VPN on Superhub 3

Not very technical on this subject.

But what is the best  and simple way to have all my devices on vpn.?

Will any vpn subscription work?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: VPN on Superhub 3

You firstly would need to switch your hub3 to modem mode and run with a nat router supporting a vpn tunnel.

I use pfSense for this with a tunnel  to nordvpn. Throughput is about 200Mb download.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply.

I am a bit of a novice, so is a nat router a separate device/router that I have to purchase?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@angela1978 wrote:

Thank you for your reply.

I am a bit of a novice, so is a nat router a separate device/router that I have to purchase?

Yes it would be something that you purchase, connect up and configure yourself. But, if you don't mind me asking, what exactly are you trying to achieve and what do you think you will gain by running everything through a VPN tunnel?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The obvious answer is anything you wish to remain anonymous.

"Smart" devices that connect to cloud servers etc are a good example. you don't have the capability of installing a VPN client.

similarly why install a client on many devices when you only need to do it once from your edge device,

In my case I have selective routing some stuff like my sip trunks etc go direct, but browsing goes via vpn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Also remembering that the cheaper the VPN the more likely it is using / selling your information and browsing trends !!

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson

Ex UK Armed Forces
Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.
0 Kudos