cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN issues

at-1990
Joining in

Can anyone help please? I've been working from home for around a year without any problems. The last few weeks I constantly get kicked out of my work VPN every 2 minutes or so. No one else is having issues so I can only put it down to my wifi provider. Has anyone had similar issues and knows how to fix it? Thanks in advance! 

10 REPLIES 10

Client62
Legend

Is the VPN stable if used via a network cable ?

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

See if it work fine with hub in modem mode with PC to hub

---------------------------------------------------------------

Bloom1
Joining in

Exact same situation. No problems for 18 months, then the last 3 days VPN cuts out every 5 mins or so for a few seconds then reconnects, but it’s enough to boot me out of virtual meetings. 

Client62
Legend

A few seconds is quite a lot less than the time it takes for a Hub to drop the DOCSIS connection and to reconnect.

A fault on a VPN server at the point of presence is quite possible.

Office IT's first line support desks usually need a building fire before they become aware of any issues.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey at-1990,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your connection over your VPN, are you still having issues at the moment?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

@Steven_L wrote:

Hey at-1990,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your connection over your VPN, are you still having issues at the moment?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

@Steven_L wrote:

Hey at-1990,

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Still having problems 😞

I can't stay on my VPN connection for longer than 2 minutes. It works fine when I'm in the office and tested at my parent's house who have Sky and again, it worked absolutely fine.

Hey! This is when I'm working from home so I wouldn't be able to use a network cable.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@at-1990 wrote:

Hey! This is when I'm working from home so I wouldn't be able to use a network cable.

But your at home so why not use a cable?

---------------------------------------------------------------