cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN dropping after 3 mins

Gibbo47
Joining in

Since Monday 26th September my work VPN constantly disconnects after 3 minutes. I have no issues for the last 2 years until last Monday. After a 1.5hr conversation with VM the issue is still there. I see that others have also posted starting issues with VPN since Monday. No fault with my laptop. Issue arises only when working from home. Come on VM, sort this out.

4 REPLIES 4

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
If its not fine with hub in modem mode then its a problem.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Gibbo47, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've been having an issue with your VPN lately. 

Is it always after 3 minutes that the connection is dropping or is this happening at other random times? Do you notice your connection dropping when connecting to the network directly? 

When the Hub is in modem mode, do you have the same issues too? 
Pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi. Re the issue with my vpn disconnecting after 3 mins. This only started  from the 22nd September 2022. I wasn't the only person to comment about this. Worked perfectly fine before this date.  Is there anything I can do to resolve this ? I use a CISCO vpn. Looks like black fob which when pressed gives you a number sequence to enter. Thanks Amanda

Client62
Legend

Unless there is an issue with your VM connection that is equally affecting other internet usage, this will turn out to be a problem firm's VPN.

Check for a fault in your street via : 0800 561 0061

Hub Signal Level Checks

Via http://192.168.0.1/ connect to the Hub, do not login in, scroll down to "Check router status"

Using the Hub's "Check router status" tabs check the Downstream and Upstream power levels are in spec.

Downstream Power Levels of -7 to +7 dBmV are preferred, +10dBmV is the max acceptable, with a SNR of 33dB or higher across all DOCSIS 3.0 channels. Rising error counts across many channels is a current service noise fault.

Upstream
Power Levels of 35 to 49 dBmV are preferred, with QAM 64 Modulation mode across four to six DOCSIS 3.0 channels.  Seeing QAM 32/16 is a current service noise fault.