cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMC App Query

Portly74
Joining in

Hi, please help! I use the Virgin Media Connect app to control the usage of certain applications my kids use, such as PS4 etc. For some reason, the app has suddenly lost connection to our Hub3, and keeps saying it can't find it when I try and reconnect? I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it, logging out of my account and logging back in, and rebooting my broadband, but nothings working (and that's about the length of my knowledge now, I'm stumped). My broadband is working fine, full signal so there's no problem there. But I really need access as I had paused the Internet access to the PS4 and I am now unable to change this without the app so I have a very unhappy son right now - not ideal during the summer holidays 🙈

Any tips would be much appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You should be able to just log into the Hub settings and in its web interface make any changes you want without using the App

You could also try un-installing the App and reinstalling it?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi John

Thanks for the reply. Where can I log in to the hub if not on the app? It isn't very clear on how to do this within the virginmedia website when I login to my account?

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and unfortunately didn't work. It also didn't work when I did a reset on the Hub3.

Thanks in advance.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) (DONT click these links) - and hit return. On the first page up login with the settings password and navigate to the pages you need

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Portly74,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with the Connect App at the moment, have you tried a pin hole reset of the hub to try and get your connection to the app back?

Regards,

Steven_L