cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM hub solid red light

newdivert
On our wavelength

My broadband and WiFi are working perfectly.
But for the past few weeks the hub power light is showing solid red.

I have tried switching power off and on a few times.
I have tried the pinhole reset.
The hub is not in sunlight or near a radiator, it is sitting on a solid shelf and 20cm clear of nearest object. It feels cool to the touch.

VM online device test says no error.

Posts in this forum say that if the hub shows solid red (after carrying out the above) it suggests the hub might need replacing so I should contact VM.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @newdivert

Thanks for coming back to us - I shall send you a PM now to discuss this further and get a tech visit.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

OutiC
On our wavelength

I'm having the same issue. Which area are you in?

newdivert
On our wavelength
I am in Warrington. But since BB and WiFi are working perfectly I do not suspect location to be a factor.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @newdivert,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your hub at the moment, have you had any further issues or improvements since you last posted?

Which model of hub, do you currently have? 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Situation unchanged. Power light is red all the time. BB and WiFi works fine. Hub cool to the touch.

It is a 3.0 Hub.

Hi @newdivert

Thanks for coming back to us - I shall send you a PM now to discuss this further and get a tech visit.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi newdivert

Thanks for joining me on PM to book the tech in. The visit will be viewable in your online account within 1 hour - virg.in/myVM

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment
Let us know how the visit goes. 

John_GS
Forum Team

newdivert
On our wavelength

VM technician visited today, swapped out the hub and tested the BB. All good.
Thanks for your help here.