cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM grey junction box outside of property

Claire44
Tuning in

Hi All,

We have a grey VM cable box outside our house, currently preventing us from creating a drive. Is there away of getting this moved. If so what are the costs involved?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Sasha,

I have had the council out today and they have approved us to have a drop kerb and make a driveway.

So i now need to speak with some in relation to getting the box moved, as once the drive is done the cable box is not going to be against any wall. We just need this moving a little bit to the right to ensure then it is against a wall and give us more room to access our drive.

Thank you

Claire

@Sasha_W wrote:

Hi @Claire44

Is this in regards to the cabinet box? 

Have you been in touch with the local council at all? 

Please do let me know I am more than happy to help. 

Thanks 🙂 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
you will need t pay VM about £300 to look at it and get a report of what is needed.

The costs to you will normally be upwards of 10K and that's even if VM agrees to move it and that's unlikely.

Moving a box even a foot is not an easy job. All the cables will then need to be rerun back to ALL the homes it services and to any other slave boxes, it might feed.
Also any ducting to the box will need moving to the new box location.
Everyone connected to the box will be without service while hte work is done.

For that reason VM are most likey and within there rights to just say no

Also you would need permission from the local authorities to put in a dropped kerb etc.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Claire,

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for your post regarding the removal of a Virgin Media grey junction box outside of your property.

Firstly, you will need to get in touch with your local council regarding approval for the grey box to be moved.

It costs £200 for our engineer to do an initial assessment of the work, then an average of £10,000 to move the box, if approved.

Thanks,

Serena

• Hi Serena,

Do you have a contact email address please for the team I need to contact?

Thank you

Claire

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Claire44

Thanks 🙂 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Sasha,

I have had the council out today and they have approved us to have a drop kerb and make a driveway.

So i now need to speak with some in relation to getting the box moved, as once the drive is done the cable box is not going to be against any wall. We just need this moving a little bit to the right to ensure then it is against a wall and give us more room to access our drive.

Thank you

Claire

@Sasha_W wrote:

Hi @Claire44

Thanks 🙂 

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Claire44

If you send an email to divworks@virginmedia.co.uk they should be able to get this sorted for you. 

But please do let me know if there are any issues and I am  more than happy to help you 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

You would need to pay for it to be moved though - it won't be done for free

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi