Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

VM connect app error

Hi I have had the VM connect app for some time but not really used it that much, it worked last time I did. But it doesnt now all I get is error you are not connected. I have turned off my iphone7, deleted the app, reinstalled the app, dialed 150 and spent 30 mins resetting my router, deleting and  reinstalling the app again etc and a number of other things and it still doesnt work. My internet on my phone is working fine. How can I get past this message of try again when it clearly doesnt work

Tony

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM connect app error

What are you trying to do in the app exactly?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

All I wanted to do was to check my signal strength, but I cant get any further than the first tap. I click the app to open it and I get the welcome message quickly followed by the error message saying I am not connected try again,which just comes back to the same screen. There is nothing else on the screen.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You don’t need an app to check WiFi strength

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ok yes I understand that thanks, but that doesnt help with why the app isnt working. When I have spoken to VM about my broadband over the last year or so they told me to download the app, which I did and it worked but now it doesnt and basically need help to resolve my problem. Thanks for the interest

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just uninstall the app.

You’ll see the forum is littered with complaints about it.

Its really not needed unless you need to setup hotspot access. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks for that its probably what I will end up doing, not only annoyed but intrigued, only app Ive ever had that really doesnt work, probably my  iphone thats the problem, Im not that impressed with them either, cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

SORTED!!!!!!!!!!! my phone has ALWAYS had Norton VPN (no comments required) and I decided to try the app without VPN. When I checked VPN in settings there are two VPNs one I didnt know existed but both somehow linked to Norton. I switched one off, nothing, switched it back on and turned the other off,nothing so turned them both off and bingo my app log in screen came on. Set it all up and connected to hub ok then turned both VPNs back on..........AND  it still works, no idea why but hey-ho its done. Just need to find why there are two VPNs now, one is called surfeasy??

Thanks for any interest and help from  those who looked , my solution might help others with similar issue.

Cheers All

Tony

0 Kudos