Menu
Roger_Gooner
Wise owl
Message 11 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM WiFi booster disappointment - not working

Leave the small booster connected by Ethernet cable to the hub and bring the large booster downstairs to the same room, plug in and check the WiFi signal. Now take the large booster back upstairs and recheck the signal, if it's much less than downstairs it would seem as if your house wiring isn't suitable for powerline. Oh, do plug both boosters into different sockets to see if it makes a difference.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Dav1ey
Tuning in
Message 12 of 49
Flag for a moderator

So - same issue - well almost. 1st set of new Virgin boosters (little and large) arrived a couple of weeks ago, with large one broken so sent back and wait for the exuberance of the new to arrive again... 

New arrived yesterday and all was going well, or so I thought!!! 2 paired together lovely on their own little network - albeit stopping all TiVo shows for 10 mins - much to the husbands annoyance! Hub and boosters in perfect range, just need to boost down to the garden...

However, surprise surprise, they would not copy Super Hubs existing WiFi username and password and after 7 attempts and further surprise pausing of TiVo, I decided to put it on hold until this morning and went to bed (with existing home network working as normal)

WOKE UP AND ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE - No network, no WiFi, no SONOS alarm, nothing! Thanks Virgin!!! 

It would seem the boosters have created their own little network and overridden my previous SSID and now unable to use it all. Angry, hot and bothered, have left for work for it to be going round my head how annoyed I am. 

Suppose I will need to spend hours on my home PC directly accessing and sorting it out - then having to reconnect all WiFi devices!!! 

Any of you peeps had the same issue or know how to easily fix? 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Ben_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 13 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dav1ey,

Sorry to hear this, The boosters should automatically change and mirror the settings of your hub to provide a seamless WiFi network.

When you're able to try this please let us know how things are looking. 

Thanks

Ben_N

0 Kudos
Dav1ey
Tuning in
Message 14 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ben, did you miss something? Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Ben_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 15 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Don't think so! Although I've been known to be forgetful. 

0 Kudos
Dav1ey
Tuning in
Message 16 of 49
Flag for a moderator

I am logged in to my Hub but cannot see the boosters connected to it (wired) and I virginmedia-vmp is timing out!!! Aaaggghhhh!!! Pass me the wine Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dav1ey,

Very sorry to hear this is causing issues for you.

I would just like to double check this isn't a service issue rather than the boosters causing issues. If you unplug the boosters, is your internet service (wired and wireless) working OK?

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
Dav1ey
Tuning in
Message 18 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Hi, yes it is working great - although everything seems to have changed - I think I will need to call when I am back at home this evening and hopefully someone will be able to sort it for me. Smiley Indifferent 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 19 of 49
Flag for a moderator

What seems to have changed Dav1ey?

If you would like to call us later, you can go through to the tech team by selecting option 1, option 2 then option 3, they will be more than happy to help. Please let us know how you get on if you give us a call.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
Dav1ey
Tuning in
Message 20 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Well - my username has changed from my own, to Virgin Media, the download speed has dropped from 200 to 20 Smiley Frustrated which I have just noticed, I cannot connect to my existing username, my SONOS system cannot find any network and tries to makes it own temp network - just everything seems to have gone wrong and I am losing faith that I will ever get it working normally again... I will be calling after dinner and will report back - can I request a call back at all after 7? 

0 Kudos