cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Hub 3 network activity & diagnostic logs

Robhorn
Tuning in

I hope this is a quick & easy question to answer.

How do I find and export the network activity/diagnostic logs from VM Hub 3?  If I log into the admin interface, is it immediately obvious or is it hidden such that I need a secret knock and handshake to expose them?  Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
go to 192.168.100.1 click router status
---------------------------------------------------------------

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How to get stats from a VM hub (no need to logon to the hub)

Open a web browser and go to 192.168.0.1 router mode or 192.168.100.1 modem mode

• Click on the “> Check router status” button
  • Click on the “Downstream” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply, do not take a screen shot
  • Click on the “Upstream” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply
  • Click on the “Networking” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply.
    • Do NOT post photos or screen shots they will be rejected as they contain MAC addresses. The board software will automatically change MAC addresses to **:** if done as above.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

@Tudor wrote:

How to get stats from a VM hub (no need to logon to the hub)

Open a web browser and go to 192.168.0.1 router mode or 192.168.100.1 modem mode

• Click on the “> Check router status” button
  • Click on the “Downstream” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply, do not take a screen shot
  • Click on the “Upstream” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply
  • Click on the “Networking” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply.
    • Do NOT post photos or screen shots they will be rejected as they contain MAC addresses. The board software will automatically change MAC addresses to **:** if done as above.

Thanks Tudor. So, I can see the network log, but it only presents a short section of log from around the time of the hub installation. Is there a config setting to refresh the network log? Basically, I want to capture the network log around the time that I'm seeing broadband dropouts, so I need to see current log data. Any ideas?