Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

VM Connect says great wifi but poor Smart TV connection and in some rooms

Have used the VM Connect app which says that our wifi is great in every room. However, Smart TV keeps dropping out, particularly when using BBC iPlayer, and the wifi signal in one bedroom is too poor for son to study online with Google Meets and Zoom. Have tried to phone to order boosters as cannot order through the app (since our wifi is supposedly great) but been on hold for over an hour and then was hung up on! Really fed up since we upgraded our broadband during the first lockdown to 350MB as everyone was online together. Took ages for the speed increase to actually show but it's not helped these issues at all. Paying a lot of money VM and can't even speak to you!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM Connect says great wifi but poor Smart TV connection and in some rooms

The Boosters are only Free to customers on the 1Gbs / Hub 4 contracts.

All other customers will have to pay a monthly rental and you would be better off purchasing your own much more powerful Wi-Fi broadcasting gear.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Have they changed that then becuase Maxit TV customers used to be able to get them free?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@thevartans wrote:
Have they changed that then becuase Maxit TV customers used to be able to get them free?

It was a non-contractual offer subject to change and withdrawal.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Oh grrr, typical! Yet another way for customers to pay more when their service doesn't quite live up to expectation. Very disappointed.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@thevartans wrote:
Oh grrr, typical! Yet another way for customers to pay more when their service doesn't quite live up to expectation. Very disappointed.

With Wi-Fi the major problem is that expectations far, far exceed reality.

VM do not and never have guaranteed Wi-Fi speed or coverage.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@thevartans wrote:

Well, no. If your wired speeds are fine then Virgin have met their contractual obligations. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@thevartans wrote:

There service guarantee is for speeds to the Hub and out on ethernet cable - not out via wifi.   So dont pay them for boosters.  Just put those monies towards getting your own better quality wireless equipment - which you will then own and is yours to keep forever

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos