Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VM Connect App

Hi, I’ve been a VM customer for almost a year now. For the 1st month I could use the connect app. After a month the app crashed and I’ve never been able to use the app. 11 months later and still not working and zero help from customer support. I can login, accept the T&Cs and then I get the error message “Sorry we couldn’t connect you to the server. Please try again in a moment.”. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times (and tried different devices) with no luck.

The only thing that comes to mind (which I couldn’t get customer support to understand) is that when using the app, if you close (even completely) the app and then open it again, it will start on the last screen you were on before you closed it. So my theory of what happened is...I was using the app when something went wrong with my hub and I got the aforementioned error message. At the time I closed the app, but now every time I open the app it drops me back onto that screen with no way of navigating back to the main menu.

Sorry for ranting message just 11 months of built up frustration. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM Connect App

What mobile device do you have and what version of OS is on it?
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I’m currently using iPhone 11 on iOS 13.5.1 and I’ve tried a Galaxy S10 on Android v10 I believe but could be 9.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning @Dunkbck 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for the post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues there. I see that you have tried this with multiple devises and the issues is still there. 

I think that our IT team are going to need to take a look into this for you. I am going to drop you a PM so that I can get some account information. 

Kind Regards

Zak_M 

0 Kudos