cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Broadband Outage

JayJenner
Tuning in

Hey, 

My broadband isn’t working at all, I’ve called the ‘report an outage’ number but it doesn’t actually give me the option to report it, can anyone help if this gets done automatically?

I’ve checked the app, that’s confirmed there’s an outage for works etc and the phone call did too. 

i just want to make sure the call has started the timer. 

thanks everyone 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I do not know what number you called, but it is with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I do not know what number you called, but it is with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks for the reply, seem to have registered it (I think).

New VM customer so still finding my way around things.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey JayJenner, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community , I am sorry to see that you was struggling to report an outage.

It would normally get reported after we receive a few calls about this, however you can always check for an update via our automated line on 08006510061 or follow this link.

There is also no outages right now showing registered in your area. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

malbut
Tuning in

We have been without broadband since early Monday in London N16. Checking brings the assurance that it is being worked on by technicians in the area, with a reconnection time. Checking when the reconnection doesn’t happen, brings another reconnection time and date.

The latest info today (16 Nov) is that it is hoped we will be reconnected by 12.00 on 19 November.

Meanwhile, I am connecting for essential communications by using my mobile phone as a hub. 

Will Virgin/O2 still charge for this enforced extra data use of my mobile?

PS — The landline house phone is also out of action because the broadband is down. I can use my mobile for making calls, but callers to me have to pay extra if they know my mobile number.

VM landline does not work If the broadband goes down.
Another glaring fault of landline over fibre for emergency use is that it will not work if there's a power cut.
malbut

Good news!!!

Broadband restored around 9pm yesterday (16 Nov) — three days ahead of projected return.

Thanks to all those techies who obviously were working all hours to get things up and running again.

One suggestion though — could VM market/suggest/supply a landline phone system that could operate independently of broadband and local power supply? Maybe by automatically linking to GSM?