cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Area 28 Keeps Going Down 4 Outages 4 Days in a row

BritishSeahawk
On our wavelength

My Gig1 has went down roughly the exact same time everyday since Monday, it's normally down for a number of hours each day 

I understand networks go down I work in thjs industry but what I don't understand is why Virgin don't tell us what exactly is going on. 

Is the area upgrading? If so great and happy to take the hit 

Or is there a major issue they keep putting a plaster each day on hoping for the best 

Even though the service has gone down everyday they open and close a new outage everyday which means auto compensation won't be a factor here 

I work from home and have lost about 20 hours so far this week which I won't get paid for and I'm sure Virgin like all other ISP's will use the "we don't compensate for loss of time or earnings" or "we don't guarantee a fault free network" lines but it's still pretty shady

Again I understand these things happen but a bit of transparency would be nice, I've never seen 4 new outages happen in 4 consecutive days in the same area

Not even sure if anyone from virgin will see this of be able to tell me more detail but thanks in advance if you can 

22 REPLIES 22

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are there any area faults showing on the Service Status page for your postcode. Also check 0800 561 0061?

If nothing is showing then assume only you are affected & ring the faults line. Virgin do not monitor services beyond  cabinet level.

PS. Area codes are for billing purposes & relate to franchises VM has inherited from other operators. They are not geographic areas as these companies usually operated in multiple areas.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @BritishSeahawk thanks for your post here in the Community, although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised regarding your connection problems.

We've ran some checks now, and it doesn't appear there are any further outages on the line - how have things been since your post on here over the last 24 hours please?

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide an explanation behind the repeated outages experienced but we do hope these have now come to a close for you. 

Many thanks

Tom_W

The Internet has went down between 3pm and 4pm everyday this week so not long now until it potentially goes down lol 

I just found it really bizarre it was the exact same time everyday 

To the other guy who responded no there was no faults on the app status page it literally just went down for several hours each day, they raised a new outage each day as it happened 

We'll see what happens today getting close to the 3pm to 4pm time it has went down each day this week lol 

Hi @BritishSeahawk thanks for your reply here.

We aren't suggesting there wasn't previous outages and apologies if this was the case, so we do appreciate this has been frustrating for you, hopefully you have faced the last outages now and will have continuous services going forward today.

Many thanks

Tom_W

And there it is 

Down for the 5th day in a row 

DISGRACE 

Client62
Legend

Have you got some stats from the Hub to show these repeated outages ?
i.e. has the Hub lost connection with the Downstream / Upstream channels ?

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it is regularly going down in the hottest part of the day there are two possibilities:

1) The local cabinet is overheating. This should trigger a network alarm.

2) The signal at your property is going out of spec. This is not detectable by VM & must be resolved by a tech visit to make adjustments.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

BritishSeahawk
On our wavelength

On the phone to virgin now they say there is no outage today and trying to fob it off being the hub 5s fault 

Why does it go down the exact same time as the other days then? She can't answer that

I only have the hub 5 in modem mode my setup has never changed and until this week I never had an issue

I have another hub 5 and she is trying to see if she can swap it over.... Edit she can't I'm being told suck it up ill get a call tomorrow, total farce of a service 

Mate my mobile network round here is dire I'm barely able to navigate on here takes forever to send a message ha

Without my gig1 FTTP I'm screwed