cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Agents confirm order of a WiFi Pod but nothing happens

osprey102
Tuning in

I have a Volt package which entitles me to up to 3 Pods. I have one already but there is still poor speed in my house's front bedroom. Have tried over time re-locating existing pod with no success.

Twice I have had an on-line "chat" with agents - the first over a month ago and the most recent on 3rd November. Both times the agent assured me that the speed shown on the VM Connect app screen shot I took and submitted as requested, qualified me for a second Pod.  The first time I was told one had been ordered but nothing happened and nothing arrived. This second time, the agent [Mohemmed] again confirmed by text that he had ordered one for me, that I would receive an email within 24 hours to confirm this and delivery could be expected i 3-5 days. Unfortunately I did not copy and save this extended conversation. 

To date, I have not receivedteh promised confirming email, and suspect for a second time, no order has actually been placed . There is no way I can navigate the VM web site to check if such an order has been placed or any trace of the VM agent's chat as proof!

I am fed up trying to deal with VM. Recently available City Fibre now seems a tempting alternative.

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you called 0800 064 3850  and see what they say?  A VM person will respond here in a day or two and sort it for you

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @osprey102 👋

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community Forums. Apologies for the issues that you have had with signal strength around the home and obtaining another pod. We can certainly assist you, we would need to bring you in for a private message to discuss this and resolve. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

Hi Sabrina,

You may recall that on Monday the 13th of November, we exchanged private messages relating to my issue. You told me:

"Thanks for that, I have ordered you a second pod and booked in the delivery for Wednesday, the first pod that you have, needs to be moved a little closer to the Hub, but you can do that when you get the second one and the strength and performance will be better. 

Also looking at your package, there is a discount that has unlocked for you saving you some extra money a month if you wish for me to apply it. I can bring your package down to £78 a month."

I have to tell you that the order you placed on Monday 13th November for a second Pod, yet again has neither been confirmed by Virgin Media nor delivered to me.

However, I got immediate confirmation from VM about the discount and new package contract details which is fine. Thanks.

I'm sure there is an explanation for why each of the three attempts by VM agents to order a Pod has had no result. Can you look into this and let me know what is happening?

Many Thanks.

Ian

Wednesday, the first pod that you have, needs to be moved a little closer to the Hub, but you can do that when you get the second one and the strength and performance will be better. 

Also looking at your package, there is a discount that has unlocked for you saving you some extra money a month if you wish for me to apply it. I can bring your package down to £78 a month."

I have to tell you that the order you placed on Monday 13th November for a second Pod, yet again has neither been confirmed by Virgin Media nor delivered to me.

However, I got immediate confirmation from VM about the discount and new package contract details which is fine. Thanks.

I'm sure there is an explanation for why each of the three attempts by VM agents to order a Pod has had no result. Can you look into this and let me know what is happening?

Many Thanks.

Ian

Hi Ian, 

Thank you for returning to the public thread to keep it updated! It looks as though you are still in a PM conversation with my colleague Sabrina who is continuing to offer support - and there is a POD hopefully on the way! 🤞 Hopefully it arrives this time without any issues. 

If you can please continue to keep us updated in the PM thread so we can continue to offer help if it is needed. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding whilst we get everything sorted!  

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Guys, my second Pod has arrived today as promised by Sabrina.  Great stuff thanks to you guys. Why the two previous "Orders" via the "recommended" VM channels didn't work is still a mystery but well done.

The end 

Great to hear it's arrived osprey102, 

thanks for letting us know 🙂

Alex_Rm