cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIRGIN YOUR GAME IS UP

Olliehal
Joining in

I have spoken to other customers and your customer service can only be described as ‘criminal’. We know what you do, we call you up and what happens is we usually wait about 30 minutes til we speak to someone… then IF it’s a subject that requires a little bit more help (and usually results in our bills being decreased) you spent roughly 15-20 minutes searching through our details and asking questions before deciding that this particular thing is something that another department needs to help with. So then we get transferred and spent roughly another 30 minutes on hold. Most of the time this line will then go dead and we will have to start again. If by some miraculous chance, it goes through to someone else, we will have to them explain the entire problem again and go through the rounds of inane security questions before we can get to the matter at hand. Again, if it’s too difficult OR (in my case, it’s something that has been promised to me that results in less money going to virgin) it will result in either a complaint (with no resolution) or being transferred again. You put us in a maze with mostly dead ends in the hope that we eventually give up because it’s just too difficult to deal with but I am sick of it and we will not stand for it anymore. Customers reading this, call them out on this disgusting behaviour.

3 REPLIES 3

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

It does indeed seem like such routine practice that it is actually standard operating procedure by offshore customer services. 

Ofcom is keeping an eye on this sort of thing and I am sure it will welcome evidence from forum users of similar poor practice https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Breaking-OFCOM-investigating-VM-over-difficult...

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Client62
Legend

Customer Support Sales have but one goal, to keep your bill rising so as to keep their commission flowing.

I am surprised that VM have not mandated all customers move to Gig 1 - just to crank up the cash flow.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Olliehal,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

We'd like to extend our apologies in the difficulty in getting through to our team, can I ask are you looking to cancel your package?

Let us know,

Kain