cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIRGIN MEDIA IS THE WORST

hamzasohailll
Joining in

Virgin media, why do you offer 200mbs when my internet is pure dog **bleep**. legit, I can even play games without it lagging so **bleep** much. When the technician came and set it up, he said it enough for gaming. is it **bleep**. the internet is so bad. wth I even got 200mbs expecting it to do something. will it **bleep** all I get is just Lag. nothing else but lag. the internet cant even reach upstairs wth do you call this internet. worst ever, I thought BT was bad, oh god virgin is even worse    

44 REPLIES 44

@JitteryPinger wrote:

What devices are they then that won't take Ethernet, I like a challenge.

So you'll be wanting my 89 year old dad to trail cables about when he uses his old Samsung tablet if it even has the ability for a wired connection and that's just one of the tablets that's in the house then there's a Roku streaming device.

Not the point.. point is advertising is a bit misleading but people need to be remembering to read terms and conditions or atleast take note of how guarantee's are tested.

The Giggitty 1

@annorax wrote:

@JitteryPinger wrote:

So you'll be wanting my 89 year old dad to trail cables about when he uses his old Samsung tablet if it even has the ability for a wired connection and that's just one of the tablets that's in the house then there's a Roku streaming device.

PS. Tablets and Roku can be wired with Ethernet with right adapters.

The Giggitty 1

@JitteryPinger wrote:

@annorax wrote:

@JitteryPinger wrote:

PS. Tablets and Roku can be wired with Ethernet with right adapters.

Not with the Roku device that's downstairs you can't as there's only the hdmi port and the power port. You'll be thinking of the Now tv branded devices that are made by Roku and they have an etherrnet port.

I used one of these with a roku when i was in canada.

The Giggitty 1

@JitteryPinger wrote:

so pretty much devices that don't need bandwidth or low latency

I would have thought the doorbell did need bandwidth as it streams full motion video across the internet. 

But I just had to think when you came up with the challenge 🙂 

😂

The doorbell hardly requires much bandwidth 500kbps - 2Mbps 

The Giggitty 1

rob241167
Joining in

I spend hours talking to people in customer services who haven’t a clue what they’re doing / how to solve my problems. It’s not their fault, they are all hard working, honest people. Unfortunately their systems do not work efficiently or effectively hence the repeated phone calls. It’s just dire. You get so frustrated as to why they can’t help. I write this watching the error message on my TV screen for the umpteenth day whilst they rob me blind.

@rob241167 wrote:

I spend hours talking to people in customer services who haven’t a clue what they’re doing / how to solve my problems. It’s not their fault, they are all hard working, honest people. Unfortunately their systems do not work efficiently or effectively hence the repeated phone calls. It’s just dire. You get so frustrated as to why they can’t help. I write this watching the error message on my TV screen for the umpteenth day whilst they rob me blind.

Is there a question here?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Notsaying7890
Settling in

This is a year late but virgin media still plays up to this day its horrible