cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 - hub 5

lisagedling
Tuning in

Has anyone found a solution to the connection issue between hub 5 and v6.  My v6 was working on 2nd and  floor but not ground floor right next to hub 5.  We have a vm booster plugged into wall also. When trying to connect to network it stops at loading info and hasn't connected to network for 5 days now ! Had an engineer out who checked cables, removed Ethernet connecting v6 and hub 5, also have an ethernet from hub 5 to vm booster.  Tried every connection solution and v6 still not loading info and pod which has now been connected to hub 5 is intermittently trying to connect, plu can't control locate network on 3rd floor!

11 REPLIES 11

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Tech shouldnt have left without the V6 near to the Hub working properly - was it ?

If not call back and report the fault to be addressed again.

What error messages are you getting on the V6 when you try and connect it to the Hub on an ethernet cable?  Have you replaced that cable - old ones can fail?  Have you tried on wifi as an alternative - as its next to the Hub it should work fine.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

No it was wasn't connected and he saw it hadn't since 28th, I've rung today and another engineer calling tomorrow as we now have no connection on upper floors

Hi @lisagedling thanks for getting back to us. 

How did your appointment go?  Has there been an improvement in your connection between the V6 and your hub? If you need us to look into things, please do reach out to us.

Regards

Lee_R

Engineer was really helpful, not got it connected fully so he's coming back to move modem and swap for new v6. He thinks something is blocking my connection which I have a feeling is the vm booster, but unfortunately he couldn't get it completed in one, thank you for trying to help

Hi lisagedling, 

Thanks for coming back and letting us know how the visit went. We're sorry to hear the engineer couldn't complete things but glad they've arranged to return. 

Keep us posted on how things go and remember we're here should you need further support. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Had to get engineer back out before his 2nd appointment as v6 would no longer record unless connected to virgin media network, swapped the v6 and that then connected without issue.  Another engineer came out for scheduled appointment, he moved the hub 5 into middle bedroom (I'm on 3 floors) and swapped tivo for another v6 and removed old vm boosters, moved wifi pod and everything seemed to be working brilliant, he ordered a 2nd pod which was a good idea as living room only at 67%, plugged that in today and back to 100%.  Everything working brilliantly, just required 3rd pod on top floor.

Spoke too soon, tv gone in middle room and v6 not picking up Internet, hub 5 right next to it 🙈 back on to vm!

Hi @lisagedling, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear the issue has reoccurred 😔

I can see you've been in touch with the team. Did they manage to book an appointment for you? 

Regards,
Daniel

Hi, yes they're due back out this evening as connection has reduced by over 50% in all rooms, something definitely blocking my wifi signal  hopefully be sorted later.