Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Utterly rubbish Broadband on M500 paying £105 per month

I am reallt shocked how bad my broadband speed is on M500 package from Virgin.  Our friends have the same package and also complained to be told that's the way it is!

I have run a number of speeds tests (using the supplied Cat6 cable from virgin) this is the speeds I got (Shocking)

1.  Download 35.94  Upload 3.47

2. Download 14.06 Upload 4.87

3. Download 56.6 (that is the best!) Upload 28.0

4. 24.06 Download Upload 8.79

I've been on hold for ages to virgin to complain in the past.  They sent me out a pack of 2 wireless routers FOC (they haven't done anything)  as abouve says I was plugged in directly to router using the supplied Cat6 cable.  NOT WORTH A FRACTION OF THE MONEY I AM PAYING OVER 100 per month  (this includes TV/Phone/Broadband& SIM).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Utterly rubbish Broadband on M500 paying £105 per month

What speed do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can you log into the Hub Settings and navigate to the connected devices page and post back the 'Connection Speed' of the deice with ethernet cable connected to the Hub please.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

What device are you plugging in with?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos