cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utterly fed up

Gert_Lush
Joining in

Dozens of phone calls, tech support interventions and engineer visits, 8 months later, 3 complaints made, and I'm still no further forward with my poor broadband issue.  I've been very patient and accommodating but I find their complaints system appalling.  Zero ownership from anyone I've contacted via email, online, or via the chat service.  Bounced from one department to another, hours on hold, calls cut off... Eventually, I get an email with an insincere apology for the trouble caused but no effort to actually address any if the issues I've complained about.

In order to leave, they have the audacity to say that the contractual terms and conditions say I must pay an early exit fee (£180) which I object to.  My response is that the contractual terms and conditions also say you'll provide a good quality service, but you haven't.

What advice can any give please?

What should my expectations be if I raise this with CISAS?

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The mechanism for complaining to CISAS is outlined below (read the T&Cs and how/when to apply)

https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/complainnow/

Some CISAS stat's are on this page. The chances of having your complaint about VM broadband 'upheld' or 'settled' seem high from the data

https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/reports-2/

You could post some further information about your broadband issue on here and the forum community may be able to offer suggestions but after 8 months of trying to resolve with VM you might not be in the mood for that.

One of the VM forum team should also respond to this topic shortly.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You can be excused the leaving penalty if Virgin agree that they are unable to provide a satisafactory service, but they won't agree this easily.

You can complain to CISAS if Virgin have failed to come to a satisfactory resolution of your complaints, but this is not a quick process.

Can you say what your problems are with the service?  Have you asked for help on here before?

Crossed with goslow

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Gert_Lush
Joining in

Many thanks - I'm grateful for the help but as you guessed, not really in the mood to expend any further energy in trying to explain or resolve the issues.  8 months has ground me down enough so just want to leave now!  

Hi Gert_Lush

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues you've been having and also that you feel this way.

I can see from a system check that you've spoke to the complaints team and got this issue resolved. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill