cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a socond router flashed with ExpressVPN

Oldun
On our wavelength

I have a VM Hub 3.0 - IP 192.168.0.1.

I am trying to connect a second router to the network, an Asus RT-AC68U flashed with the ExpressVPN firmware - IP (before flashing) 192.168.1.1. I flashed the Asus router by connecting it directly to my computer by ethernet cable.

The flashing of the Asus appeared to be successful as the setting-up process started correctly and I was able to make some changes, such as wifi SSID. However when I was asked to connect the two router together by ethernet cable everything just hung.

I had thought that I could change the Hub 3.0 IP address to 192.168.1.xx so that the two routers had compatible IP address but this appears to be impossible as the 1.xx is reserved for the guest network.

I would therefore like to change the IP address of the Asus to 192.168.0.2 but I can find no way of doing this. 

As you can see I am way out of my depth so please make all answers very simple and clear.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Oldun
On our wavelength
I have tried connecting a LAN port on the Hub 3.0 to the WAN port, and then a LAN port, on the Asus without success.

On my computer I cannot ping 192.168.1.1. it just times out.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Put hub in modem mode connect the WAN port of the Asus to the hub and all other devices to the Asus.

---------------------------------------------------------------