Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Useless connection for zoom calls and working from home!!! How to get an engineer!?

Hi,

I'm trying to see how to book an engineer for my broadband issues. Sick to death of trying to call Virgin, only to be put on hold for an hour and then get cut off.....This has happened 6 times so far!

The connect app is also totally useless as it always states I have a great connection even though the speed in that room regularly drops to none existent speeds so I constantly have issues trying to work from home. However, today the app has said that my connection was poor and to order a booster. But apparently I need to pay £3 a month for it.....how is this even a thing when it's not my fault that Virgin's connection is substandard and can't supply to a small flat!?

I'm getting to the point of cancelling my DD until someone at Virgin actually gives a crap to get this sorted out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Useless connection for zoom calls and working from home!!! How to get an engineer!?

Are connections on ethernet cabled devices ok? If so and the problem is wifi only then boosters are not a good option. The maths says that you would be better advised getting your own better quality wireless equipment to solve the wifi connection issues once and for all. It will be your yours to own forever and to take with you if you move supplier.

Oh - and whatever you do - dont cancel the DD - VM will just mark your credit file as a "defaulted payer" and that's a nightmare to get removed.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Useless connection for zoom calls and working from home!!! How to get an engineer!?

You need to test with a wired connection.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Nothing in my house has a wired connection. But anything in the same room as the router works fine. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sound as if it is just a wifi issue then. VM will not send a tech to sort that (unless the Hub's wifi is goosed) - their current solution is boosters.

You need to sort it yourself with better wireless equipment - or connect what you can by ethernet.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos