Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Use of Wireless access point with Hub 3

I know this matter has been touched on before on this site, but I'm not completely clear ....

If I position the Wireless Access Point, the Unifi AC AC Pro, in a remote room in my house (which currently can't see the wifi signal from the hub 3) and attach it via a quality ethernet cable to my Hub 3  then things will work correctly. By work correctly, I mean that I will get a strong wifi signal in the remote room from the Unifi as well as a strong signal directly from the hub 3. 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Use of Wireless access point with Hub 3

Yes, the Unifi will give a good Wi-Fi signal in that room (all interference excepted).

Good Wi-Fi from the Hub depends how you quantify 'Good'.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi MikeRobbo, Thanks for superfast response - hope my wifi signal will similarly be superfast! 

I mean ... would there be any noticeable reduction in wifi signal/performance directly from the Hub3 between when it is connected to the unifi and when it is not. Hope that makes sense 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You shouldn't see any change in the Hub Wi-Fi.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos