Menu
Jackwhybrow95
Joining in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Urgent help - No service and no help from VM

Good Afternoon,

My broadband service has not worked for the last 3 months. Either intermittent or complete loss at times.

I've made 38 Phone calls in the last few weeks, had 5 engineer visits and technical support on the phone and via Web chat.

This totals approx. 9.5 hours of phone calls in my phone log. And 4 days off work not being paid to wait in. Each time I get promised a resolution on the day of the visit. This has not happened.

Either the engineer cannot fix, the wrong person is sent out or they don't know what to do.

Everytime I call or message I'm given conflicting information, lied to by agents and managers.

I've now today been told I would be charged for these appointments to fix the fault.

The fault is a damaged cable caused by the install engineer 3 months ago. A manager admitted this was due to the negligence by this installer that this was caused. Why am I being told I will be charged here?

I've been waiting weeks for a new cable to be installed, why does it take this long? Especially when you advertise next day appointments and engineer visits?

I'm calling every day at least once at the moment, you've caused over £1800 worth of loss to myself in time which I will never get back, you've caused severe stress and mental health conditions by the way you've  treated me.. or not the case may be.

I need someone to sort these issues once and for all as you're also refusing to allow me to leave VM as I'll have to pay the remaining costs for the contract to terminate a service I've never received.

Please, please can someone contact me to resolve this issue.... 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Urgent help - No service and no help from VM

A forum rep will reply in about 5 days.

Residential services do not cover loss of monies for work etc so that’s a moot point.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
DiscoSi
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Wow, that sounds terrible but sadly not surprising. I think your best recourse now would be to take this to independent arbitration, if you can get a deadlock letter from virgin that will make it easier. More info here:

https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/

Despite what has been said above you may well be able to request compensation from Virgin for your losses. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@DiscoSi wrote:

Wow, that sounds terrible but sadly not surprising. I think your best recourse now would be to take this to independent arbitration, if you can get a deadlock letter from virgin that will make it easier. More info here:

Despite what has been said above you may well be able to request compensation from Virgin for your losses. 

The only available compensation is if you have 48 or more consecutive hours of a total loss of service and you have to register it.

No other compensation is applicable and it’s in the T’s and C’s as well. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
DiscoSi
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I have to disagree, if you win a case with cisas then they are able to force Virgin to make additional compensation payments for inconvenience and distress.

Read the PDF on that page which explains the process and what they can force Virgin to make additional compensation payments for. Just trying to help and not to cause an argument. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@DiscoSi wrote:

I have to disagree, if you win a case with cisas then they are able to force Virgin to make additional compensation payments for inconvenience and distress.

Read the PDF on that page which explains the process and what they can force Virgin to make additional compensation payments for. Just trying to help and not to cause an argument. 

You also have to prove said inconvenience and distress. The same with any other compo-face claim.

Anyone can just claim they lost something and had days of sleepless nights - but it has to be proven. 

0 Kudos
DiscoSi
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

So my advice to the OP stands then. From what they have described it sounds like they have a well documented case to take to Cisas and could well be provided with additional compensation for their inconvenience and distress, even though they may not have had a total loss of service during a protracted period of poor service and case handling. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@DiscoSi wrote:

So my advice to the OP stands then. From what they have described it sounds like they have a well documented case to take to Cisas and could well be provided with additional compensation for their inconvenience and distress, even though they may not have had a total loss of service during a protracted period of poor service and case handling. 

Regardless. Loss of monies through not working on a residential services is not covered by ANY ISP. That’s why business level SLA services exist. 

0 Kudos
DiscoSi
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I appreciate that Gary, but you stated that No other compensation was available to the OP and that simply wasn't correct. Anyway look, time to move on dont you think? 

Jackwhybrow95
Joining in
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I don't think much of the T & C s on the website after speaking with a solicitor.... especially when you see this in their T & C s too

Screenshot_20210610-131057_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Kudos