Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Upstairs can’t stream but on 500 broadband!

Hi

we have a small terraced 3 bedroom 2 storey house. We have the OOmph bundle with 3 V6 boxes and 1 TiVo box. 500 broadband.

the problem is all the boxes that are upstairs (2 v6 & 1 TiVo) buffer and have to constantly be reconnected to the internet. We can’t watch on demand or Netflix etc upstairs. It’s ridiculous for the money I am paying.

I tried a booster but this doesn’t work.

virgin installed the hub at my TV in the living room.

Can this be resolved or do I need to switch provider? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upstairs can’t stream but on 500 broadband!

your issue is WIFI coverage, not with the physical virgin connection.
if the hub sitting in a corner obstructed by other items?

moving the hub may improve your coverage.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Are you saying the you have a TiVo upstairs and that is having buffering problems too. If so there might be something else going on. As (unlike the V6) the TiVo doesn't need a wifi connection - it connects to the internet/online content via its inbuilt modem and co-ax connection.

So what is your connection like downstairs when on wifi and when connected by ethernet cable directly into the Hub?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

tenda nova mw3 x3

they are an improvement on the hub 3 eg less blackspots but still slow speeds in some rooms

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

thanks for the responses. 

the v6 box downstairs doesn’t buffer and works fine. The hub is beside it but isn’t blocked in.

both the V6 boxes and TiVo box upstairs all buffer. Constantly have to reconnect to internet.

can’t get through to virgin. Eventually got a number to text them on. It is a robot that answers- made me go through security and was supposed to transfer to advisor who asked how they could help. When I told them they didn’t respond so I text a while later - restarted the bot all over again !

it’s a nightmare!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

ok as advised, if the Tivo is buffering then you have a different issue, as it doesn't use a wifi connection, it has its own cabled connection for internet access.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning MrsChapman,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to her you've been struggling with the W-Fi connection in the upstairs of your property

Can you tell me if you've seen any improvement in the services since your most recent post? Have you been advised of any outages in your local area that may have had an effect on the services performance?

Do you have problems with other devices in the property, or has this just been with the set top boxes? 

It may be worth taking a read of ways to combat the Wi-Fi issues you’re experiencing, via these links - http://virg.in/wifihelp & http://virg.in/WiFiwins

Kindest regards,

David

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

No improvement and no response on text messaging and long call queues.

it’s only really the set top boxes are the issue. The TiVo box is the worst- it’s impossible to stream you tube , Netflix or on demand on it. 

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that MrsChapman. 

I've had a look at the back end of things from here and there are some errors. 

Would you just be able to confirm how many set top boxes you have and if they're all switched on at the moment and out of stand by mode? 

It is possible we're going to need to send a tech I just want to do a few checks first. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos