Menu
StevePay1989
Joining in
Message 1 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Upstairs Neighbour is stealing my BB.

My neighbour is stealing my BB.

I have had my old hub swapped because of this. I am now using a hub 3.0.

I have never told any neighbour my wifi name or password. So it is not this.

I have done a number of pin restores and software factory resets. Each time change the hub password, Wifi name and Wifi password. I have also stopped the broadcasting the SSID and disabled the wifi for both 2.4 and 5 ghz.  I only use cat5 ethernet connects. I do not use wifi. I also deny all mac access. The guest wifi is disabled too.

I use all 4 character types and password and wifi name over 20 characters each.

The neighbour seems ot know almost straight away that the hub is up and working. Somethings within seconds of it going live and he knows that I switch in off too. He normal bnd on the ceiling to let me know of his disapproval of this.

He also knows that I have change the wifiname and password. It is like he as some sort of equipment in his appartment that detects this.

Can someone please call me. It is starting to drive me crazy.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upstairs Neighbour is stealing my BB.

What makes you believe he’s using your Wifi?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
sophist
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 30
Flag for a moderator

do you have any powerline adapters in your flat?

0 Kudos
StevePay1989
Joining in
Message 4 of 30
Flag for a moderator

There is no shared connection bewteen the appartments.

I did not use powerline adapters.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 30
Flag for a moderator

@StevePay1989 wrote:

There is no shared connection bewteen the appartments.

I did not use powerline adapters.

Do what makes you believe he’s using your connection?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
StevePay1989
Joining in
Message 6 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hello thanks for replying so quick.

Ther are no shared cables between the appartments and i dont use power adapters.

He knows when i switch it on and off, he knows when i change wifi names and password.

My hub is on a different electic plug than the mac and tv. I can just switch on the hub and I can hear him say the wifi is on. Leaving the mac and tv off.

I have the mac,  playstation and laptop connected by ehternet cables.

I have never connect to the hub via wifi since i got it at the start of the year.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 30
Flag for a moderator

The important question still remains unanswered…..

0 Kudos
sophist
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 30
Flag for a moderator

perhaps he's using the "Virgin Media" SSID that your hub broadcasts - it's a separate network to your own wifi network - completely isolated.  It's switched on by default for all broadband customers and requires you to opt out if you don't want to use it - you can attempt this in the My Virgin Media account pages somewhere.. unfortunately, the opt out is currently broken, so your only viable option (aside from perhaps having a staffer on the forum sorting it for you) is to buy your own wifi router and put the hub in modem mode.. 

0 Kudos
StevePay1989
Joining in
Message 9 of 30
Flag for a moderator

to answer the queston the how do i know.

The number of times i have just off the hub. and he bang on the ceiling. The number of times I have just switched on the hub and he as shouted the wifi's up.

Are too many to be a coincidence.

This person is as subtle as a brick through a window.

When I first changed all the setting on the hub 2. He went mental for hours. And when I plugged in my Hub 3 he went mental too.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 30
Flag for a moderator

He probably just watching the SSID come and go as it’s turned on and off.

You can check the Connected Devices on the hubs admin page to see what is connected to it. 

0 Kudos