cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Upload speeds are shocking! 4th time this has happened in 3years! (Birmingham)

AdamTaylor
Joining in

I pay way over the odds for my Internet package. Of course VM only value their new customers it seems. any long standing customer gets hit with double the charge.

The reason i pay this premium is because i online game. unfortunatly no other provider can offer me fibre to where i live (if they did i would delete VM out of my life forever)

This is now the 4th time in 3years where ive had to deal with pathetic upload speeds. its a joke. The last time this happened it wasn't fixed for 3months!!!! Yet of course i continue to be charged the full amount for what they know is a terrible service. Phoning only gets me passed from automated message to automated message.. great...

When i finally did get through, the person on the other end of the phone spoke broken english, was clearly eating (loudly might i add) and seemed to have absolutely no idea what i was talking about.

Having a robot tell you "there's a problem we are working on it" isn't really an answer. It would be nice to know how long this problem is going to continue and maybe a little information as to why it keeps happening? A reduction in payment as a gesture would't go a miss either.

It really is something when you are using your phone contract, which costs next to nothing, as a wifi hub for your home because your internet provider who get paid more than they should, can't even offer you a decent upload speed. 😞

If anybody has had the same experience or could shine some light on this matter then please fill me in. I am at the end of my tether... 

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Legend

Speed test the service to a Router mode Hub(3/4/5) + your device with the link below.
https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Once the test begins click on: Run full test to see all the stats.

The speed at the Hub should reflect your subscription.
The speed any WiFi device draws data at is limited by its data needs and technical abilities.

Share the results of a full test so we see where the issue is occurring.

AdamTaylor
Joining in

My ps5 is connected directly to the hub with a ethernet cable. The connection test on the console reads 260Mbps download 347Kbps upload. tScreenshot 2023-09-05 19.48.15.png

Hi @AdamTaylor, thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community.

We're sorry to hear about the problems you've been having and that you feel this way πŸ˜”

I've look on our side and can see there's a Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR) outage in your area that could be causing this. The estimated fix time is tomorrow at 9:55am.

If you're still no further forward by that time, and the service status checker is no longer detecting an area fault, please pop back to us.

Thank you for your support @Client62 πŸ‘

Regards,
Daniel