cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to the hub 5 from 3 - some devices are slower...

Matthague
Joining in

Hi.

Been struggling to get anything over a few KBPS on my daughters PlayStation in her room...

spotted an upgrade to hub5 from 3, so signed up and it came yesterday.

plugged it in and it’s working, and her speed is now 10mb *joy*

my issue is that my iphone has a decent speed but my partners android phone and our android tablet is slow.

any ideas why?

24 REPLIES 24

@Paul_DN wrote:

Hi Matthague,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, thank you for the above information in regards to your devices, it sounds like it is a device issues and it may not be compatible with WIFI 6 which the Hub 5.0 is, have you made sure the device is up to date with the software?

Regards

Paul.

All items are fully updated to all system updates available.

Can we not go back to the Hub3?

@Matthague wrote:

No just put in it in modem mode and get a better router

---------------------------------------------------------------

@legacy1 wrote:

@Matthague wrote:

What does modem mode mean or do?

Also, (not trying to seem rude...) why would I want to pay more for another router? I pay enough as it is for the Internet we have 😀

@Matthague wrote:

@legacy1 wrote:

@Matthague wrote:

Also, (not trying to seem rude...) why would I want to pay more for another router? I pay enough as it is for the Internet we have 😀

Yes, you should certainly be able to go back to the Hub 3 if that worked for you! So why should you be expected to buy your own equipment, well imagine for a moment that PoundLand sold routers, well the VM hubs would be in the bargain bucket (buy one get another free) at the front! They are not exactly ‘state of the art.

Now the problem is getting VM to recognise that there is an issue and agree to replace the 5 with a 3, alternatively, if you value your sanity, you might consider taking the advice of getting your own router, just to avoid the customer services experience, sometimes likened to going ‘cold turkey’! Although this expense might well play on your mind when deciding to continue with VM once your minimum term contract is up!

@Matthague wrote:

@legacy1 wrote:

@Matthague wrote:

Its like this the service you pay for is not router mode the service is really pay for is one WAN IP to a device which seems pointless you say for one device which is where a router doing NAT happens which you say is what the hub does BUT that still not the service you pay which is why you use modem mode and your own better coded router that VM can't seem to get right from every model they have done for router mode.

Up to you what you want to do VM can't keep changing out hubs because people are unhappy with router mode which is not the service you pay for.

---------------------------------------------------------------