Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Upgraded to hub 4 and still rubbish

I tried to complain numerous times as was getting it in the neck and nearly lost my job due to the constant outage from virgin . I was given a hub 4 which wouldn’t work with majority of my home automation and had to buy a separate router and run in dumb mode but still even when Ethernet connected direct to hub without modem mode I’m having constant drop outs . I just want to get rid and start again with a stable provider. I only started contract in March for home working and been an absolute disaster.

rebooted , checked all connections even outside in the box cleaned and replaced all connectors nice and tight but still happening . I can’t run a speed test when it’s dead and because it was consistently down since Thursday night wasn’t even able to run a log please let me know how I can get out of this scam of a contract before I get sacked 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgraded to hub 4 and still rubbish

@Tommyt wrote:

I tried to complain numerous times as was getting it in the neck and nearly lost my job due to the constant outage from virgin . I was given a hub 4 which wouldn’t work with majority of my home automation and had to buy a separate router and run in dumb mode but still even when Ethernet connected direct to hub without modem mode I’m having constant drop outs . I just want to get rid and start again with a stable provider. I only started contract in March for home working and been an absolute disaster.

rebooted , checked all connections even outside in the box cleaned and replaced all connectors nice and tight but still happening . I can’t run a speed test when it’s dead and because it was consistently down since Thursday night wasn’t even able to run a log please let me know how I can get out of this scam of a contract before I get sacked 

Scam lol

Posting some logs would help - post the network, upstream and downstream logs from the hubs admin pages as text

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I can’t it’s dead right now no security no heating no lights tried to run a test on virgin app but says hub 4 not supported yet and can’t even get into the router right now 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Connect to it with an Ethernet cable.

If youre in modem mode the ip is 192.168.100.1

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I’m in bed I’ll try it in the morning on laptop 

0 Kudos